I wrote a short blog to go up on Monday but obviously my computer did not send it properly. Another attempt here.
Saturday of Easter weekend saw me rushing to the hospital with Mirlande. Most of you know that Mirlande has vision in only one eye. On Saturday, JJ, who was supposed to be washing a pot decided to rub Mirlande's one good eye with dirty wet steel wool. Her eye felt like there were still bits in it for a few days and the light caused it to hurt. It was covered for two days. Not easy to get around with no vision in one eye and the other one covered. Thank God now the eye has recovered. Going to the hospital means a long wait always, but going on Easter Saturday meant a longer wait. Not fun. Please pray for JJ. He is always in trouble and likes to hurt people, especially Mirlande. Even if you see him do something he will stand before you and swear that he did not do it. When a confession eventually comes he has no remorse. It seems to mean nothing to him. He just does something else shortly after.
Mirlande with her good eye covered
Holding the results of the candy hunt
Enjoying the Easter candy
Gift opening
Two birthday girls with TiFi
Today I had a visit from Jane Hogan from Steady Brook, Newfoundland and a gentleman named David from the US. Jane and David are in Haiti, with some others, to do some assessment work on how they might be able to help with some reconstruction so badly needed here. Their time in Haiti is short so I did not think Jane would be able to come my way. But come she did. She and David actually were driven from Port au Prince to this mission site in a hired TapTap. It was good to be able to show them around and to share with them what HATS is trying to do in this area, and for them to see the present and proposed construction work. I had explaineld to Ti Luc that Jane was coming and we would come see him and the other kids at the school. We walked into the preschool class and I heard a yell of excitement from Ti Luc. He stood up from his school desk, and walked directly to Jane and hugged her in welcome. It was precious. Sorry no cameras were on at that time. Jane and David enjoyed some time with the kids while here. Then began the long drive back to Pap. Thank you, Jane, for working it out to come and see me. Thank you, David, for coming with her.
Jane, David & kids
Jane, David & Water Tower work
3 comments:
Karen, we are so happy that so many exciting things are happening. I can't believe my buddy Jane was there with you!!! We love you!
Elaine
I am happy to hear Mirlande's good eye is ok and it is so good to see Tifi smiling. Pleas post larger pictures so my old eyes don't have to squint so hard.
Jim
Karen, I am so happy we could see HATS Haiti. You are doing amazing things there! I just wish we had more time. Those children are each precious. Give them big hugs from me!
Jane
Post a Comment