New door on generator room
New roof started for leaky classroom
Can't finish roof today
New roof replacing one that leaked terribly
Cementing in rebar supports for enclosure
Foundation for enclosure of property
Deliver rocks and get stuck in soft earth
For the past two days we've had a seminar at our school for our teachers. School opens in Haiti on Monday. Far too much yet to be done before Monday. Teacher's desks not yet painted. Desks are now being made for our prescolaire students. Will this all be done before Monday? I doubt it! Always too much to do. I've not had any time in my office this week, so if you have written I will respond eventually.
Our children are all doing well. Ti Luc has a new job that he is taking very seriously. He has been asked to make sure I eat. (I tend to forget and focus on the work only.) So now he sees himself as the 'Manje Polis'. He blocks me from coming into the office if I have not eaten. Or he comes into the office and tells me I need to eat, and pushes me off my chair and into the kitchen. He is doing a great job as police to make his mama eat. And quite proud of himself I might add.
Blocking Mama from working. Must eat first.
You have food. You may pass now.
My early morning prayer walk
Yesterday my boys all went, for the very first time, to a barber shop (called studio here) for their haircuts. It was a very big thing for them. The little ones felt very grown up.
Judel's 1st time at barber shop
I don't think there is anything much cuter than this photo of my three youngest kids - Judel and Dieunel just out of the shower and Karena showered and dressed. I am so very thankful for all my children that God has entrusted to my care. When the new house is done, my family will grow.
Can it get any cuter than this
Thank you for all your loving support for this HATS-Haiti family. We appreciate all of you. We ask God to bless you. Remember "Orphans today, leaders tomorrow." You are helping us make future leaders for Haiti.
With love, Karen and family
2 comments:
So much work going on still. Can't wait to see it all. I am glad TiLuc is the "manje Polis", he will do a great job. I love the photo of Dieunel, Judel and Karena...so cute!
Great to see all the work being done. I am sure the workers are very thankful as well.
I love to see the pictures, please keep posting. Can not wait to get there in January. Good job Ti Luc.
Post a Comment