Went to St.Marc with Grammy and had some interesting adventures there. Arrived in St.Marc with the usual busy streets and no place to park. Finally found one and hopped out of the car. Arrived at the bank. Me and Nana huddled in a corner since it was so full of people that day. Because of all the people in there a bank director took Grammy into an office so he could help her get money. Suddenly out of the blue a fight broke out! Yelling and shouting from everyone and everyone putting their two cents worth into everything. It was complete chaos. Security started running towards one of the guys and pulled him out of line. Guns in the air security dragged him out of the bank. Meanwhile I decided to leave Nana and get Grammy in case we all had to get out. So I guess you could say I ditched the one Nana, who did not know the language or anything else, and went to the grandma that had the cash and the language!!! ha ha ha ha.
We had the chance to also change my phone and get a new sim card and take some amazing pictures of the huge Bible in St.Marc.
| Mariah and Liz in St. Marc with Ten Commandments. |
| Luckner's business where Mariah helps Rose Lore |
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Liz here,or should I say the grandmother in the bank that got ditched for the rich one who was in an office with a bank employee!! Rather an exciting time, lots of yelling and shouting but quickly handled by Security. Downtown St. Marc could easily win the prize as the busiest rush hour in the world and this was only 11 am! Mind you also the most likely place to get struck and killed by a motorcycle (moto) a very large truck or even a pedestrian or two
Thank goodness we had to rush back to HATS to get the Security person with us back to work by noon. Security here was short handed because the day before the one on duty shortly before supper collapsed and fell and hit his head and was out for the count for a short time. Karen rushed him to the hospital in Deschapelles. He was off two days and he is back to work today.
| Injured security back at work |
![]() |
| Karen's Toe Toes kids |

3 comments:
Awesome blog Mariah & Liz. You gave me a few laughs and made me homesick for HATS and the childen. I love how you, Mariah, can do anything and go anywhere because you have the language and the looks! I sure wish I had the language mastered...even a few good phrases would make me pleased.
Keep up the great work and Liz enjoy each day, it will soon be over for you.
Mariah, I was in the Bank in St.Marc one time waiting for the "money lady". One of the two armed security was leaning on the door with his hand near the top of the door and not paying attention. One of the customers closed the door and the security got his thumb caught in the heavy door. He could not do anything and the other security was not watching. So I jumped up and ran over to help him and then the other thought I was going to do something so he pulled out his gun. I got to the door and opened it enough for him to get his thumb out with the other security close behind me. He had a nasty looking thumb and thanked me. Great Blog!
Great job, both of you. Mariah - it must be really fun to have both grandmothers with you in one spot. Try to glean as much wisdom as you can!
Post a Comment