Thursday, October 29, 2015

Thursday October 29th – 2015

Keith

Notice to the HATS Board of Directors:
October’s report will be late because all the papers and receipts are in boxes and Karen and Joan won’t be able to find anything for a few days.

Yup…. I finally got the office cleared out and prepped for painting.
I know I know ….. I was supposed to start on Monday, but on Monday the school was closed and I got busy with the kids……

·         Then there was a leak in the girls’ home sink

·         Then I had to tidy the depot to find the parts for the sink repair

·         Then there was a toilet to unblock

·         Then before the plumbing supplies were put away there was a kitchen sink leak

·         Then the kids wanted their bikes out

·         Then I had to fix a bicycle seat

·         Then the house mothers need the propane changed

·         Then Karen wanted a program loaded unto Joan’s computer

·         Then I had to show Joan how to use the program

·         Then a hockey game broke out

·         Then I needed a nap

·         Then I had to do the blog

·         Then I had to check the water tanks

·         Then the spring on the boys’ home door need to ne reattached

·         Then a quick trip to Luckner’s store for orphanage supplies

·         Then the house mothers need a sack of Fab from the depot

·         Then I started emptying out the office.

It’s all good stuff though, just the day to day workings here at HATS.
Joan and I are enjoying our vacation and having fun with the children.

I’ll start the wall painting tomorrow unless…….

I should be able to make the job last a week or so ……..

Joan in her new office with all the papers.

Joan deciding on the new color.

Keith starting on the office trim – Joan’s birthday ladder in still in good shape

Keith

3 comments:

Dickie MacDonald said...

Typical day at HATS. Wish I was there.

Nicki Symonds White said...

Wow. I love hearing what a day at HATS might look like. We are really looking forward to being there in a few months. Please leave some of the painting for me!

Keith said...

Nicki. No matter how much gets done Karen's to-do list is endless.
There will be painting for you. I promise.