during the last 2 days of our time in Haiti, everyone was
well. I'm still recovering, but happily, I feel almost myself
again.
 |
| Last canal walk |
 |
| Canal tree |
To celebrate Christmas and New Year's and to give mom a chance to
relax for once, we spent a day at the beach yesterday. There is
photographic proof that Karen can lie down and relax with a book
once in a while!
 |
| Karen actually lying down! |
 |
| Ti Luc, Ariane & Tevan |
Todays's activities included running races with Jonathan vs. Sandra
being the cutest match up, lots of work in the depot, trying to
figure out what to do with the 15,000 photos on Karen's computer
from 2010-2012, a walk along the canal and then a grand New Year's
finale of one firework! Just one, but it sure made an impression on
the kids.
 |
| Jonathan racing |
 |
| Racing 2 year olds |
It's never fun to say goodbye to those we love, but we are grateful
for the time we've had here and look forward to our next visit.
Last night's adventure was the great cockroach hunt in which Mariah
played the starring role of mighty cockroach killer. When we were
putting groceries away that we'd bought in St. Marc, Karen opened a
big black bin in the kitchen and saw one of her arch enemies. She
screamed, so I screamed, so Ariane screamed, so Tevan & Mariah
screamed, so Josiah came running to see what was going on. When
Mariah learned it was "just a cockroach" she boldly opened the box,
found the critter and stomped on it. Mariah was having trouble
understanding how Grammy could be so scared until I reminded her of
her completely "logical" fear of seaweed!
 |
| Everyone involved in the great cockroach kill! |
2 comments:
Glad you are all feeling better. There is something infectious about your mom's cockroach scream...even though I knew they were fake and planted by Dickie, I still screamed and ran when she screamed and ran!
Thanks for all you did while at HATS, you will be all missed a lot.
Safe travels home. Love to all the HATS family as well as Calgary family.
Reminds me of that time we discovered the dead mouse in the trap in the cabin. You screamed and jumped up on the bed and I followed!
I enjoyed reading about your adventures!
Post a Comment