Keith
WOW! That oil paint is more toxic than I had originally thought. Not only was I hearing Army bands I wrote yesterday’s blog as November 22 not January 22. I’ll be OK!!
I had an AL Heron day today. That’s one where one wanders around and looks very busy and engaged but doesn’t accomplish very much. That was my day. I did some painting on the metal doors from the orphanage to the school, started the bathroom cupboards transformation from blue to white and did another repair on the water main. The next break on the water pipe may involve excavating through the concrete.
 |
| Security doors to school |
 |
| Security doors from school |
 |
| Water pipe repair – not pretty but effective |
 |
| The main water feed |
 |
| Bathroom cupboard doors |
Karen was off the compound for a bit visiting friends and the kids will be glad to see Maman Karen back later today.
 |
| Younger kids’ poster |
 |
| Older kids’ poster |
Most evenings after the kids are in bed I’ll go for a walk and do a few laps around the compound. I start by telling the guard on duty what I am doing; I don’t want to be taken down as an intruder by friendly fire! If I go earlier in the evening I am joined by JJ, Moise, Leica, Djemima, and Dieumel. As we pass the dormitory the little kids are on the steps encouraging us each lap and cheering us on. Hilarious.
 |
| The Walkers |
 |
| The Watchers |
The dorm mothers get annoyed at me some evenings for getting the kids all worked up right before bedtime. So, as is my nature I am off to walk and have some fun with the kids and annoy the adults.
Perfect night for it........... Karen is not back yet!!!!
5 comments:
I am back now Keith and will be walking as well tomorrow evening. First thing I will do tomorrow is check around to see what mischief you might have been up to along with getting lots of work done as is usual for you. Very relieved to return home and find all my children still here. More on that subject another time!
Glad to hear you are back, Karen. Glad to get another great blog Keith. Hope those paint fumes don't do permanent damage, Joan may not send a return ticket! I love to see the "watchers" watching and enjoying themselves.
Glad you are home Karen. Thanks Keith for stirring the pot, a man after my own heart.
Miss you already Karen .. It is quiet here.
Very tired today but did get a little shopping done on our way home.
Tea time now and, Laurie is ready to serve you cake or I have just done up a batch of crepes ... Yum!!!
Glad you & the balls are safely home - bet the children were pleased to not only have Mamma home but the balls would be a plus!!!
Another good blog Keith!! <3
'One of WE' wanted you to know the place is quiet & he looked for one of the boxes of Chai Tea for his cuppa before going to bed. After tormenting you about your Chai .. Me thinks, he might want to give Chai a chance, so don't tell him, but I think I might get him some. LoL!!!
PS ,, did you finish your book???
Post a Comment